Past life regression therapy is based on the premise that we are eternal beings who carry forward learning and experiences from one lifetime to another. As eternal souls, we experience physical life in a series of bodies and associated personalities. On a soul level, we choose each life circumstance as a means of challenging ourselves with new situations and opportunities for learning. Some people believe however, that we live only one lifetime. In this case, the ‘stories’ elicited by this therapeutic approach serve as marvelous symbolic metaphors for the issues and situations being faced in the present time.
In past life regression therapy the client is regressed through hypnosis, guided imagery, or other states of deep relaxation where memories that are normally in the subconscious can be accessed. By bringing these memories into the conscious awareness, we can release or diffuse the energy and the emotional blockages which keep the client stuck in recurrent behaviors and emotions.
Typically, the therapist guides the client through the significant events of the past lifetime, through the death experience, then through the ‘life review’. This is where the purpose of that lifetime, the lessons learned, and the decisions made are examined from a higher, spiritual perspective with particular emphasis on looking at what is most important about that prior life in terms of the client’s current personality and situation. Whether uncovering ‘real’ past lives or not, the approach has helped many people resolve issues and get past stuck points that were resistant to other therapeutic approaches.
Past life regression is a fascinating way to experience other aspects of yourself and your personality. Past life regression therapy uses hypnosis to recover memories of past lives or incarnations and can be an incredible and life changing experience. It can lead to significant transformations in how you view yourself and the world. Clients often come away with a greater realization of the eternal nature of their being, their connection to others, and a closer experience of the love-filled energy of all life.
What can you learn from a past life regression (PLR)?
- Gain information and wisdom about your relationships with family and friends.
- Understand the life choices you have made.
- Why did you choose your gender, your parents and your relationships.
- View your patterns of behavior over lifetimes.
- Release carry over patterns and beliefs which no longer serve your higher good in your current life.
- Understanding physical or emotional concerns and how to heal.
- Help unravel your fears and challenges.
- Knowing your soul’s purpose and embracing your life’s purpose.
- Understanding your bigger picture in this life.
- Seeing the divine in all life.